Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dorm Life and Other Shenanigans: Volume 2

I now live on an apartment near the university I'm studying. I've been living there for actually two weeks now. I usually come home in the weekends for the laundry and stacking up my resources. I actually never thought this would materialize. It all happened so fast but I managed. Being away from home is hard, I admit, but when I rationalize my decision, the pluses actually outweighs the minuses.

I may be away from home and for the first time, I'm living on my own. I think about what to eat and what to do for the whole day. I'm not new with planning my activities for the day though the food planning is a little difficult because I'm conscious with what I eat.

I'm adjusting to my body clock too. Now that I live near the university, I don't have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning but my body is just used to waking up. I always get up at around 6:00 AM and I'm usually the first one in the apartment awake. After waking up, I always seat on the couch outside the rooms and wait for something or someone to happen. Despite waking up too early, I rarely arrived late in my classes unlike last semester.

There are little distractions in my studies but I can do little with my assignments since I haven't brought my laptop in the apartment yet. There's no wireless Internet connection there but I'm not complaining since I needed some time off the net during weekdays.

Roommates are not pests, honestly but I'm having troubles of fitting in since we have differences and I mean big ones like tastes in music and lifestyle. (Please do not spill this one or I will end those who are responsible for the leakage.)

About sleeping, I'm always the first one to go to bed among all the boarders but when finally sleeping, I fail to keep myself in a deep sleep.

So far, I'm still adjusting to this new lifestyle but I'm looking forward to learn some lessons along the way. I don't want to get tired with traveling too much though I miss riding the train and jeepney home with the music of my taste on my earbuds. I also miss walking with my friends on the way home, joking and talking about movies.

Speaking of which, I got separated from my friends this semester.I'm also on my own in the classroom. I joined a new section where I don't know most of the people. I'm only familiar with them through the organization I joined and some of the students there became my classmates during my freshman year. It's a new environment to me. Totally different personalities from the section I came from but it's good to meet new people. Like the dorm life, I never expected this part to happen too but unlike the dorm life, I did not plan this well.

I can't compare them to my original section because these two groups have differences but all I can say so far is that I enjoy both sections though I can't help but miss my friends back in the group I came from.

2 comments:

  1. sanayan lang naman 'yan. :D haha! atleast, kapag pwede tayong tumambay, makakatambay ka na bilang malapit ka lang naman. pero kahit na! inaagaw mo pa rin si pia sa akin! XD hehe.

    ReplyDelete