Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fruit of My Mistake: Volume 3

This might be the ultimate farewell poem I've ever written. For those who want to borrow my poems or something like that, ask my permission first.


MY MIND’S CURE

Time and fate have kept us apart
I fear our paths will never meet
My mind, defeated by my heart
To bear this feeling in discreet

I told myself not to go back
To the moment I can’t forget
I see that strength is what I lack
And now I look back in regret

There's no more chance to let this out
So I will say this slow but sure
You might know what this is about
I will say this for my mind’s cure

I like you ever since that day
You have been my strong temptation
I hope this is enough to say
You too were my inspiration

Farewells are inevitable
And yet I still hope to see you
Our past has been regrettable
Closure is all I want to do

I don’t want to feel anymore
This like or love or whatever
It’s time to close the open door
I don’t want to let you linger

I’ll move on and leave my feelings
Keep it between you and me
Let this end be a beginning
That is another way to see

There will be no tears to be shed
Let’s not try to find each other
There is nothing left to be said
For this chapter is now over

1 comment:

  1. "Farewells are inevitable
    And yet I still hope to see you
    Our past has been regrettable
    Closure is all I want to do"

    -Damn, Zepp. Damn. This is what I want to do after all. Anyway, I miss your writings. :) Miss you, too.

    ReplyDelete