Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Kick

I got a little addicted with Hell's Kitchen lately. I usually hate reality shows for their drama but the drama in the show attracted me somehow. Moving on...

While I was watching its 10th episode, something kicked inside my head. It gave me some kind of realization that I needed for a while. From watching the show with all the pressure and drama that somehow made me think of the world I'm about to step into after college, I realized that I need to be more competitive.

I'm still uncertain of where to go after college but I want my path to be concrete once I made my choice. I need to move my arse and be more competitive and at least, be more active. I need to hone my skills and prepare myself for the real world. The real world is not as easy as college life or high school life (even if high school life is an epitome of HELL). The real world has more rejections to offer than the social life in high school. Real world has more issues we have to think about like helping our families and making clients happy unlike in high school or in college where we have to worry about what to do with our grades. Oh! And in real life, the currency is money. Cold, hard money that makes the world go round. Almost. Comparing to our times of education where grades makes our world go round.  


One exciting thing in getting a job is earning your own money. There's no need to rely on parents to give us some allowance to go somewhere. Earning money is somehow a symbol of independence. If you earn your own money, to me, it means you're in charge of it. You worked your butt for it and now, you must decide how to split your fruit of labor. Of course, if you have a good heart, you would give some to your parents for additional help. What remains is now up to you on what to do with it.

Now, if I will perform better this semester, I can pave my way through a good job. The salary is sort of a bonus, I guess, especially if the job I will nail is the perfect job for me. Speaking of perfect jobs, my plan is sort of vague but I want to nail a job as a writer in some video game magazines. I want to write reviews for video games. If possible, I want to have a second job in the film industry as a sideline. I know it's hard to juggle two jobs but it's possible. The logic is possible. I know I said I'm still uncertain of where to go. This plan of mine is still tentative for I don't know if there are still video game magazines being published here in my place but I'm still looking forward to work as a writer if there is still such magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment