Friday, November 4, 2011

First Day of the End (Carpe Diem)

Two days ago, the second semester begun. My last semester as a college student. Hopefully. When my Public Relations professor dismissed our class saying that this semester is so short, I realized that I need to seize every day.


CARPE DIEM.

We all know the saying. We all know what it means. Life has a lot of deadlines. It has a lot of ends but of course the ends I'm talking about are not about ending the biological function of a body but the phases we go through as we progress in life. Knowing these ends, we must take chances and do whatever we want to do, should do, and must do. Obviously, adults wants us to focus on the responsibilities.

Yeah, I won't forget my responsibilities but it's nice to lose control sometimes. Letting go of the steering wheel and have fun because after the 5 months that we'll never notice to have transpired, it's time to bid farewell to the memories we made for the past four years as a college student.

We can have fun while working but the level of fun is never the same. I know that when we step outside the real world, most of what we did in college will be considered as childish or sometimes, embarrassing and even worse. disturbing.

It sucks that I realize this just now though I know a lot of my friends have been trying to shove CARPE DIEM in my head. I have been too cautious of my life, planning too much and going on a routine too much even though I know that most of the times, my small plans for the day will just be screwed up.

So now, I will try my hardest to have fun while studying. There should be no room for drowning myself in loneliness but I will not get lost in paradise. (Had to use that phrase.) I will try to balance happiness and seriousness in order for me to be more productive and motivated because of the goal that we are trying to accomplish and that is to finish studying.

Once again, if you think I'm getting incoherent or inconsistent, notify me through leaving comments. Thank you very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment