Wednesday, November 30, 2011

C'est La Vie

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability."
- Remy (Ratatouille, 2007)

This is true. We all know that life is unpredictable but we'll never know how life hits us with its unpredictability and that's one of the biggest surprises life offers everyone who's breathing.

Sometimes, surprises are awesome to the point that you're hoping that time will slow down for you to absorb the moment wholly. But there are times where surprises will just knock you off your feet and force you to crawl on your bed as you shed a tear, wishing that this moment will end so fast.

This is what I feel right now. Yesterday has one of the worst moments of my life. Yesterday was supposed to be, I don't know, normal and yet special because my mind is supposed to take a rest for the coming day. I don't feel well yesterday because I'm tired. My mind is tired and I lack hours of sleep. Then, time goes by and everything was going seemingly right. But before the day ended, I did something foolish. I don't know if foolish is the right word. It looks like an understatement to what I did but what the hell.

(I will not elaborate the deed because I'm not here to talk about what I did. I'm here to talk about what I felt afterwards.)

So there. I can feel the consequences drifting near and today's supposed to be my rest day where I can enjoy the day off with my friends but I am plagued with the memory of yesterday. (Sounds dramatic? C'est la vie, as my college mate keeps telling me.) I keep telling myself to just move on and I'm not the only one who experienced downfalls but my stupid mind keeps on returning to that particular thought. It's similar to the time when I tried to sleep but my mind can't stop thinking. It's like that. My mind is sometimes misaligned with my body. If you know what I mean.

And now, you might want to ask me how long I am going to wallow. Well, I can't tell but all I can say is it'll be quick because I only have a day or two to think about it without any distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment