Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nostalgia

I watched a movie called Super 8 directed and written by J.J. Abrams this morning. It's a Sci-fi thriller film about a group of friends making a super-8 film (hence, the title) when a train derails and crashes, unleashing a dangerous creature in their town and a chain of mysterious disappearances begin after. Anyway, I'm not here to review the film. Not now, I guess.

After watching the film, nostalgia has been evoked into my mind. I admit that I cried during the ending of Super 8. I am that emotional but what can I do? Besides, the film is really effective. It made me look back to my childhood, even if I don't really have a good childhood in general. I suddenly miss the movies back then. I miss this adventure-like feel of childhood where my buddies and I used to make believe and stuff. We used to imagine things and create scenarios from movies and our minds. I totally enjoyed that part of childhood.

Now I'm all grown up... sort of. Well, I missed that part of my childhood. That part of childhood where imagination takes me anywhere I want to go and on Saturdays and Sundays, I can take an afternoon nap or play on my PlayStation or even do something weird with my friends. I miss the part of my childhood where my laughter is genuine. Those funny but priceless moments with my friends.

I just regret that I follow my parents' orders too much. I forgot to take on more adventures in my childhood because I was trying to make my parents happy. I'm not blaming them or anything.

It just sucks that I don't have this freedom in my childhood where I can explore things for myself. There are still a lot of things I haven't explored yet in my childhood. This is a cliche but I somehow want to go back and experience my childhood once again and maybe this time, set things right. I don't know. Or maybe to just try things I haven't done in my childhood so I can feel somehow contented with my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment